Sunday, January 16, 2011

Delta Queen Adventure - Part One


I kissed my husband just before 9 am and left for Tennessee. The sky was clearing so the drive promised to be rain and snow free. Traffic was surprisingly sparse and I made good time as I headed south.


After a couple of hours I arrived in the Renfro Valley for my first stop along my route. It had taken two hours to reach the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame. The parking lot was completely empty so I thought I had come on a bad day. However, when I got closer to the building a sign announced "We are Open!" I parked, headed in, paid my $7 then toured the small museum. It was very nice and had lovely displays which I had totally to myself. Ahhh, the benefits of traveling off season.


My favorite exhibits were of Jean Ritchie but I also got a kick out of the kilt owned by one of the Everly Brothers. There were instruments made by Homer Ledford and a quilt sewn by his lovely wife.


I bought a few postcards, a pin or two and even a guitar pick before heading back to my car for another leg of my trip to Chattanooga.






No comments: